Amazon has created some great devices that can be used at home, and Firestick and Fire TV are one of those devices. They just become a significant presence in your homes. These devices elevate the entertainment level of your house and take them to whole another level.
They can be used for multiple entertainment purposes and have a wide variety of 15000 games and applications that these devices support. They get their job done well when you have electronic devices; there are always some problems you get to have with them. There might be technical issues that may hinder your smooth experience!
There comes a time when most of the electronic devices, which usually have some form of memory, tend to get sluggish, and their response time increases dramatically. The device sometimes even becomes irresponsive to the commands you give it. If anything like this occurs with your Firestick or Fire TV, then you need to keep in mind that you have to clear its cache memory.
When the application is installed on the Firestick, they tend to leave some memory in the cache for faster access. Now overtime, this memory tends to accumulate and thus effects the performance of your device because the internal components aren’t free to provide any memory for other processes.
When you clear the cache memory, the device again becomes free to provide memory for new processes, and thus, it starts working still as it used to earlier. Here we will tell you a way that will help you to clear your cache off Firestick and Fire TV and get your device working back to normal!
Steps on How to Clear Cache on Firestick and Fire TV
Here are the detailed steps provided below that will help you to get your cached memory clear and give your device a performance boost.
- You need to start your Firestick or Fire TV and go to the device’s main menu.
- From the main menu, you need to head over to the settings.
- In the settings menu, choose Applications and then select Manage Installed Applications.
- Now before you would be the list of all the installed applications in your Firestick or Fire TV, select one, and you will see many options like file size, storage, cache size, etc.
- Go down in the same area and choose the Clear Cache option. All the cache files for that application will be cleared from the memory.
- You can now repeat the steps for the applications whose cache memory you want to clear.
There might be situations that still your Firestick or Fire TV might lag even after clearing the cache memory. This may happen when you install too many applications from third-party resources because they tend to consume a lot of internal memory and slow down your device, so maybe you have to avoid such applications.
We hope that this article has been helpful and will get your job done with ease!