I came home from a long day at work. I switch on my firestick and decide to watch Chernobyl but
“Cache Full: Cache filled before reaching required amount for continuous playback”
If you see this error it means the temporary video data(cache) is full.
This happens when some addons aren’t doing a good job of clearing the cache from time to time. They save up previously played videos in the cache which leaves no room for other media to buffer.
Every Android app its own cache memory. You know when you click on app info in the settings it shows you two clearing options.
One is clear data and the other is clear cache.
When Kodi displays this error you need to manually clear the Kodi cache from the app settings only when it fails to do so automatically.
I have seen many YouTubers fixing this issue with a bit of coding but I think that would be too much for a person with no coding knowledge so I have a simpler method that I prepared for you to fix this.
Fix Buffering through Ares Wizard
This tool is used for the maintenance of Kodi and diagnosing and troubleshooting problems with Kodi. We are going to use this tool to increase cache (Video Cache) on your kodi.
first, you have to install the ares wizard on kodi. In order to do that follow the steps below
Install Ares Wizard on Kodi
- Launch Kodi on your Firestick/TV/Android Box
- On the top left corner of the screen, you’ll see a setting button.
- In the settings option open the file manager window.
- You have to click add source option in the file manager.
- It will ask for a source select <None>
- Then it will ask for a path . Enter http://areswizard.co.uk/
- Press OK and name the media source anything that you like. I am naming it ares.
- Return to the home screen and click on the folder button on top left corner.
- Click install from Zip and select “ares” or whatever you named it before.
- Click script.areswizard-0.0.69.zip and it will install automatically.
Ares Wizard is successfully installed on your Kodi, now we have to make some tweaks to fix the buffering issue.
Kodi as default uses only 60MB of ram for the cache but depending upon your device you may have some spare ram to dedicate to Kodi so it can buffer the media faster.
Now there are two options to save cache, one is the RAM which is recommended because RAM is the fastest memory, and the other is Hard drive which is slower.
- Launch the Ares Wizard app from your Kodi home screen and select the tweaks tab.
- Then it will show a screen with only one button that says advanced settings wizard. Click on it and press next.
- On the following screen you’ll see 3 sliders – video cache, curl timeout, read buffer factor.
- Now increase the video cache size by dragging the slider to the right.
- You can increase it upto 300 MB.
Now the second thing to do is to delete the temporary files from kodi to make it work faster.
- Click the maintenance button in the ares wizard app.
- There’ll be 3 buttons – delete thumbnails, delete packages, delete cache.
- You have to delete all three of them